SC3 is a leading provider of high-end mission support, consulting and technology solutions to the federal government in defense, intelligence, and civil markets, and to major corporations and nonprofit organizations. SC3’s national security efforts reach across the intelligence community and Department of Defense, providing full life-cycle operational and cyber support and differentiated capabilities to meet our customer’s challenging mission.
In addition to our government services area, SC3 provides cutting-edge competitive intelligence and strategic management consulting to commercial clients. Private industry leaders from the financial, health care, manufacturing and other sectors turn to SC3 to ensure that they have access to the most relevant, current, and strategically important information – not only to grow their businesses, but also to protect them.
SUMMARY The Network Engineer will work within our client’s network team, providing support for a multi-site, multi-layer network infrastructure, focused on design, implementation, maintenance, and upkeep of network hardware, routing, switching, network security, firewalls, and Cisco VOIP system.
• Maintain network uptime through network monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; collect performance metrics and recommend action to alleviate issues as they occur.
• Develop and update documentation using Microsoft Visio to ensure IT manager can reference network diagrams to plan projects or provide information for compliance.
• Manage and implement network equipment including Cisco and Juniper routing, switching, firewalls, and VOIP.
• Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Juniper SRX 3400 and Cisco ASA550 firewalls, Juniper EX4200 and Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 2950 switches.
• Maintain Cisco call manager and unity voice messaging system.
• Troubleshoot network problems and escalate problems to vendor as necessary.
• Handle physical aspect of networking, to include circuits, cabling, and end to end connectivity.
• Implement defense-in-depth security, securing the network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintain documentation.
• Demonstrate understanding of how systems such as Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint utilize the network infrastructure.
• Participate in new initiatives and projects to include build outs and extension of existing network.
• U.S. Citizen with an active Secret security clearance and the ability to maintain this clearance
• 5-10 years of networking experience with Cisco and/or Juniper products
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, BGP, and OSPF protocols
• Strong understanding of the OSI model
• Proficient with switching, routing, and security services in a networked environment
• Experience with Cisco IOS and Juniper JUNOS
• Experience with VoIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity voice messaging.
• Experience with Wireshark or similar TCP analyzer.
• Experience with SolarWinds
• Experience with Cisco and Juniper Firewall access control
• Experience with network address translation, GRE and IPSEC tunneling, VLAN creation, 802.1Q trunking, and IPSLA
• Proficiency with MS Visio
• Experience in a multi-site metro-area network is preferred
Our values are simple and straightforward. We know that competitive salaries and generous benefits are essential in our industry and SC3 strives to offer the best in both areas.
We are proud to offer:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing as required by the customer.