SC3 is a leading provider of high-end mission support, consulting and technology solutions to the federal government in defense, intelligence, and civil markets, and to major corporations and nonprofit organizations. SC3’s national security efforts reach across the intelligence community and Department of Defense, providing full life-cycle operational and cyber support and differentiated capabilities to meet our customer’s challenging mission.
In addition to our government services area, SC3 provides cutting-edge competitive intelligence and strategic management consulting to commercial clients. Private industry leaders from the financial, health care, manufacturing and other sectors turn to SC3 to ensure that they have access to the most relevant, current, and strategically important information – not only to grow their businesses, but also to protect them.
The Sanctions Investigator/ Targeter will participate in and conduct investigations of economic sanctions targets, including major complex international terrorist organizations, narcotics trafficking organizations, weapons of mass destruction proliferators, and other targets such as foreign extremists and regimes to determine whether the target of the investigation meets the criteria.
You will directly support investigations of and serve as an expert technical authority on designation investigations in one of several program areas including transnational criminal organizations/cybercrime, counter-narcotics, terrorism, proliferation and country or regime-focused programs.
These investigations require reviewing and analyzing a wide range of law enforcement information, financial and business data, national security and intelligence information, and other foreign and domestic governmental and private sector information.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the clients Program, and provide intelligence support and advice on terrorist organizations, narcotics trafficking organizations, proliferators of weapons of mass destruction, and embargoed countries and their international trading and financial networks.
- Perform investigations and research into the targets and develop and write extensive administrative records documenting the basis for designation as a SDN.
- Conduct and coordinate investigations and make determinations regarding whether the information meets the legal standard to designate a target.
- Prepare and present briefings for foreign and domestic audiences explaining sanctions programs, briefing senior stakeholders and other high level government officials on authorities, the status of program implementation and other issues and options related to implementation and administration of economic sanctions programs.
Required Qualifications:2+ years of related experience
Regional Expertise: Koreas/ North Korea
Languages: Korean or Mandarin
Security Clearance: Top Secret/ SCI
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Working knowledge of:
- U. S. National security policies;
- U. S. Foreign policies;
- U.S. economic sanctions programs and policies; and
- International sanctions programs and authorities
- Procedures for transactions related to international financial and trade transactions.
- Procedures for conducting civil investigations regarding, and preparing documentation to support, administrative actions that are governed by U.S. regulations.
Preferred Education: Master’s, J.D., or other professional or advanced degree.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing as required by the customer.